Committed to making the difference
AiCuris – founded in 2006 – is a specialist for infectious diseases. Its focus comprises discovery, research and development of novel antiviral and antibacterial agents in the indications human cytomegalovirus, herpes simplex virus, hepatitis B virus, adenovirus, and (multi-)resistant bacterial infections treated in the hospital. With its highly innovative pipeline, AiCuris addresses specialist markets and severe, potentially life-threatening infections with high medical need. Major steps for the company were signing a license agreement with Merck & Co. (MSD) and the marketing authorization for Prevymis™ (Letermovir) in the US and Europe.
AiCuris is offering the position of a
Senior Project Leader (m/f/d)
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer
The role of the project leader at AiCuris is exceedingly important for the overall success of the company and goes far beyond tracking of timelines and budget. In collaboration with senior management and the team you will be responsible for generating and ensuring the overall development strategy of assigned project(s) by closely interacting with internal and external experts.
He or she
- is responsible for the generation and review of the Target Product Profile with respect to competitor activities and the development strategy in collaboration with the project team.
- plans and justifies required resources for successful project completion
- coordinates the project team and the project-related activities
- must have a complete overview of the project at any given time
- supervises the progress of the project with respect to quality, timelines, costs / budget, strategy / changes, IP protection
- must be aware of bottlenecks and possible risks, outlines solutions and implements them with the team
- selects/keeps good contact with external experts and KOLs
- ensures that all project-related documents are appropriately filed
- represents the project in presentations and communications to third parties
- must have a clear scientific and medical understanding of the relevant indications, competitive drugs in the market and in development
- generates a publication strategy and implements it with the team
Skills and qualification
- PhD in either immunology, biology, chemistry, pharmacology or related fields, or MD
- At least 5 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry in an international environment with practical knowledge as project leader with excellent expertise in overall drug development ideally in the development of biologicals.
- Knowledge of immunomodulator development and/or experience in anti-infectives (virology especially hepatitis B or bacteriology) will be a plus
- Good understanding of safety pharmacology, pharmacokinetics, toxicology, CMC, clinical development, competitor analysis and regulatory requirements for development and registration
- Very good organizational skills including the capability of setting priorities. Accuracy, detail-focussed without being a perfectionist and able to maintain a complete overview of the project
- Ability to communicate information effectively
- Team oriented personality with excellent interpersonal skills, i.e. positive & constructive attitude, desire and ability to work in interdisciplinary teams; very strong leader with ability to motivate and inspire his/her team members
- Ability to work in a project driven and result-oriented way, also under stressful situations
- Ability to work independently and with self-motivation under tight timelines
- Good knowledge of standard and specific software (e.g. Microsoft Office and Project)
- Good English (oral and written) and German (advantageous but not a primary requirement) language skills
You can find a PDF of the job description here.
What we can offer
- Cooperation in multinational and interdisciplinary teams
- An exciting and challenging job in a promising research and development company with an excellent R&D portfolio
- Flexible working hours and self-determined time management
- Regular and targeted further training and individual development opportunities
- Attractive company pension scheme
- A wide range of services relating to health and reconciling work and family life
How to apply
Interested to join our team? Then apply online (click here). If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at +49 202 317 63 2599.
AiCuris Anti-infective Cures GmbH
Tel.: +49 202 317 63 2599