Welcome to AiCuris: The Powerhouse for Anti-Infectives
AiCuris (from 'Anti-infective Cures') is a pharmaceutical company focused exclusively on the discovery, research and development of novel antiviral and antibacterial agents for the treatment of severe and potentially life-threatening infectious diseases.
Founded in 2006 from Bayer's virology and bacteriology research divisions, AiCuris today has an innovative pipeline of novel anti-infectives and a team of internationally regarded scientists and drug developers. With its tight focus on specialist markets with high medical need, the company is perfectly positioned for growth and success.
AiCuris and Max Planck Institute
AiCuris and Max Planck Institute of Molecular Physiology join forces in the field of anti-infectives
AiCuris Anti-infective Cures GmbH, a leading company in the discovery and development of innovative drugs targeting infectious diseases and the Max Planck Institute of Molecular Physiology (MPI) in Dortmund, Germany, have entered into a collaborative agreement to identify novel compounds for the treatment of viral and bacterial infections.
EU approval for Prevymis
Approval of MSD’s PREVYMIS™ (letermovir) by the European Commission triggers the next EUR 30 million milestone payment for AiCuris
- EC approval allows for MSD to market this innovative product across Europe
- AiCuris to receive next milestone payment of 30 million EUR
- AiCuris focused on advancing its pipeline of innovative candidates within the anti-infective fieldRead more ..
Drug from AiCuris approved
AiCuris’ Licensee MSD Received U.S. FDA Approval of PREVYMIS™ (Letermovir) for Prevention of Cytomegalovirus (CMV) Infection and Disease in Adult Allogeneic Stem Cell Transplant Patients
- First antiviral drug developed from AiCuris’ pipeline to receive market approval
- PREVYMIS is the first new medicine for CMV infection approved in the U.S. in 15 years
- AiCuris to receive milestone payments and royalties on sales